[Paraview-developers] Color legend presets

Aron Helser aron.helser at kitware.com
Tue Dec 19 11:06:37 EST 2017

Sounds like a great idea to me - the long colormap list gives no guidance
to users.
I agree that rainbow and other perceptually troublesome colormaps should be
advanced (or removed).

IIRC these are designed to have uniform or linear perceptual brightness?
What about the others?

   - Viridis
   - Plasma
   - Inferno
   - Magma

I think we'd have to decide what to do with categorical colormaps as well.

Regards,

Aron