[Paraview-developers] How to launch a filter with vtkSelection as input

Mohamedali BENLASSOUED mohamedali.benlassoued at ardia.com.tn
Thu Sep 22 08:52:03 EDT 2016

Hello everybody,

I am creating a paraview plugin that launches some filters programatically and I need to know how to create a filter that accepts as input a vtkSelection (like the extract selection filter).

In fact, I tried to use the createFilter() method of pqObjectBuilder class and tried to pass the selectedPorts of the pqSelectionManager class as namedInputs.

But it appears that it is not the right way to do it.

So my question is about how to get the active selection and how to create the filter using it.