[Paraview-developers] information_only property question

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Mon Sep 12 06:13:17 EDT 2016

Hi all

I have a VTK Filter for wich I am creating a specific panel widget.

In order to dynamically generate the widget i need some information, which
only the filter can provide to me.

the ideal format for the data is somethink like :
 std::vector<std::pair<std::string, int> >

I need to recover all these data via an information only property, but
ican't figure out who i'm suposed to do that, and what should be the
signature vtk side.

So far the best way to do it that i've found would be something like this :

      <StringVectorProperty command="GetAllArrayNames"
                            information_only="1"
                            name="ArrayNames">
        <StringArrayHelper />
      </StringVectorProperty>
      <IntVectorProperty command="GetAllArrayComps"
                         information_only="1"
                         name="ArrayComps">
        <SimpleIntInformationHelper />
      </IntVectorProperty>

with the following api :

vtkIntArray MyVTKFilter::GetAllArrayComps();
vtkStringArray MyVTKFilter::GetAllArrayNames();

Is this the best way to handle it ? What it the uses for
SimpleIntInformationHelper/StringArrayHelper. I looked at the code but i'm
unsure of the effect of this.

Regards,

Mathieu Westphal