[Paraview-developers] Linker error building Fortran90FullExample

thomasblome at startmail.com thomasblome at startmail.com
Sat Oct 22 13:46:34 EDT 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the Fortran90FullExample using MSVS (Intel
Fortran Compiler 2017 and Visual C++ 2015 compiler).
Doing so I'm getting following linker error:

Error    LNK2019    unresolved external symbol main referenced in
function "int __cdecl __scrt_common_main_seh(void)"
(?__scrt_common_main_seh@@YAHXZ)    Fortran90FullExample.

Obviously, the source code doesn't contain a main method at all, since
the entry point is given by the fortran program in file 'FEDriver.f90'.
Nevertheless, I guess the compiler internally creates a main method,
and the linker cannot resolve the reference due to a name mangling
problem, as there are different compilers involved. But I'm not quite
sure about that, nor how to solve it, at that matter.

Can you give me a hint how to solve that problem?

Kind regards,
Thomas