[Paraview-developers] Building a module pipeline offline

Oliver Fernandes Oliver.Fernandes at visus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Oct 20 07:34:32 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the component pipeline.

Is there an easy way to build this pipeline 'offline', i.e. not using the GUI, but by some third party code?

Stuff I have tried:

- I tried reverse-engineering the .pvsm state files, which seem to do exactly what I want, but without any specification describing them, this seems too tedious a  task. With some docs for the state file composition this would be my favored m.o.,i.e. being able to manually write state files.

- A colleague of mine also suggested using the python macro functionality, I have yet to look into that though.

Maybe there is an even better option I didn't think of.

Any advice would be great, thanks in advance!

BR,

Oliver