[Paraview-developers] ParaView Release OSX Compilation

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Nov 28 10:19:25 EST 2016

Bastien and Mathieu,

The best thing would be to build against the ParaView SDK. I don't
think this is available in the Mac builds, though, and I'm not sure it
is available for other OS's either.

Utkarsh, am I wrong about this? I don't see anything in the
ParaView.app that looks like an SDK.

In some cases we have shipped these kinds of plugins with the ParaView
binaries and leave them unloaded by default. See the
GeodesicMeasurement plugin, for instance. If the plugin is
proprietary, that won't work, though.

Otherwise, to be compatible with the official 5.2 binary, you would
need to have a 5.2 build of ParaView on bigmac, which is the buildbot
that produces the binaries, and build your plugin against that.
Checkout the v5.2.0 tag in the superbuild and set the build options to
those used for the official binary which are listed in one of the
buildbot superbuilds, e.g.,

https://buildbot.kitware.com/builders/paraview-bigmac-osx-shared-release%2Bopengl2%2Bosx10.8%2Bqt4%2Bsuperbuild/builds/186

It may be more practical to build a custom ParaView binary on a Mac
you have on hand along with the plugin and distribute those to your
customer, especially if the plugin will be changing in the future.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Bastien Jacquet
<bastien.jacquet at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hello Cory,
>
> It was actually a request from me. A customer wants his pv plugin
> distributed as a binary, compatible with Paraview official binary. Their
> main OS is OS X.
> Can you point me to the right path to do so ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bastien
>
> Bastien Jacquet, PhD
> Technical Leader - Computer Vision Team
> Kitware SAS
> 26 rue Louis Guérin - 69100 Villeurbanne - France
> F: +33 (0)4.37.45.04.15
>
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 3:14 AM, Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Mathieu,
>>
>> The Mac OS X release is built by the paraview-superbuild buildbot on
>> bigmac. I kicked off the builds for this release. What's up?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cory
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 3:39 AM, Mathieu Westphal
>> <mathieu.westphal at kitware.com> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Who is responsible for compiling the osx version of ParaView release ?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Mathieu Westphal

>> --
>> Cory Quammen