[Paraview-developers] Visualizing field data on 3D Delaunchy generated mesh from points

sumeet kumar sumeet.kumar507 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 01:09:58 EDT 2016

Hey Cory,

Thank you, for giving an excellent well explained answer. Your
demonstration with the little example was very useful and it did all what I
wanted.

I have some more questions for you. It would really nice if you could  help
with me these questions also,

*Background : *I basically am currently developing visualization tool
(reader plugin)  for a structural FEM software my research team is
developing. Usually the mesh are big and sometimes complicated.

I am using Delauncy3D to generate a mesh for my given gauss points. For
simple examples, it works great. But for bigger meshes with smaller mesh
size (smaller elements) it shows a warning message as bellow

[image: Inline image 1]

I think this warning messages comes if two point are very close. This
warning results in some wrong mesh generation in areas where mesh sizes are
small (or points are closer). My question is that

   1. Can I somehow avoid and fix this situation.
   2. Another question is not related to Delaunchy3D, but to the data
   visualization. When I visualize my data for different time steps, the field
   data bounds (upper and lower bounds) remains fixed. I want that the bounds
   to automatically change for each time_step by automatically finding out the
   maximum and minimum value of the field data, so that I can see the
   field_data variation over my model.

Best

Sumeet