[Paraview-developers] How to obtain pqPipelineSource from vtkObject?

Hillier, Michael (NRCan/RNCan) michael.hillier at canada.ca
Fri Jan 22 18:07:54 EST 2016

Hi Utkarsh,

Thanks for your reply. I am not too surprised that how I was implementing was not how things are expected. I did manage to get what I had to work via another mechanism:

vtkSMProxyManager *proxyManager = vtkSMProxyManager::GetProxyManager();
vtkSMSessionProxyManager *sessionProxyManager = proxyManager->GetActiveSessionProxyManager();

// Create a vtkTrivalProducer and set its output to be the poly data
 vtkSmartPointer<vtkSMSourceProxy> producer;
 producer.TakeReference(vtkSMSourceProxy::SafeDownCast(sessionProxyManager->NewProxy("sources","PVTrivialProducer")));
vtkNew<vtkSMParaViewPipelineController> Controller;
Controller->PreInitializeProxy(producer);
vtkObjectBase *clientSideObject = producer->GetClientSideObject();
vtkPVTrivialProducer *realProducer = vtkPVTrivialProducer::SafeDownCast(clientSideObject);
realProducer->SetOutput(pdata);
Controller->PostInitializeProxy(producer);
Controller->RegisterPipelineProxy(producer,"test_pipe");
producer->UpdateVTKObjects();

Would creating a subclass of vtkPolyDataAlgorithm simply this? Would it make it more efficient? I try to re implement this way so that I do things the right way.

Thanks

Michael