[Paraview-developers] Selective sending of Field data to Paraview VCR based on user request

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Aug 12 11:50:28 EDT 2016

Sumeet,

Please include the list with your reply so that others may participate in
the conversation.

It is possible at the reader level to specify which arrays are loaded
through the reader properties panel. See the VTU and Exodus II file readers
in ParaView, for example. However, any unloaded arrays will not be
displayed in the Color By combobox.

At present, I do not believe it is possible to do what you are asking
without some significant source code changes within ParaView. For example,
support for consumers to request subsets of data arrays from producers,
like your reader, would need to be added. That's a fairly heavy lift.

Your best bet for now is probably to support selecting which arrays are
loaded by your reader. See the xml description for
XMLUnstructuredGridReaderCore in

paraview/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/SMApplication/Resources/readers.xml

for an example of how to set this up.

HTH,
Cory