[Paraview-developers] Plugin using parallel HDF5

houssen houssen at ipgp.fr
Tue Sep 29 10:59:19 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have a writer plugin.
First, I wrote text files from the writer (without any problem).
Then, I had to modify the writer to write HDF5 files (for now, I just
do H5Fcreate / H5Fclose), when I use :
1. a serial HDF5 install, the plugin loading process is OK, and I can
use the writer to create HDF5 files.
2. a parallel HDF5 install, I get this error when I use "tools / manage
plugins / load" :
vtkPVPluginLoader (0x537de20): /.../libMyWriter.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN3MPI3Win4FreeEv

I checked in Paraview writer examples but I didn't find any relevant
reason for this to happen.

Can somebody help, or, at least give me a clue on the problem ?
Is this related to the fact that my ParaView install is serial
(PARAVIEW_USE_MPI is OFF) ?
If so, does it means that a serial (resp. parallel) version of ParaView
can use ONLY a serial (resp. parallel) version of HDF5 from inside a
writer ?

Franck

PS : I run Ubuntu-14.04 and ParaView-v4.4.0 built from source (with
PARAVIEW_USE_MPI = OFF)