[Paraview-developers] Home make plugin

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Tue Sep 15 11:40:09 EDT 2015

Hi Utkarsh,

For the moment we don't have a license (I have to read the BSD license).

For building the plugin we use :

boost (because the Xdmf3lib reader use it)
latex to build the pdf of the documentation and include it in the .so
file. I added a "save documentation to disk" button in the plugin .
(this in not mandatory, I can disable this)
blas (cblas of just blas): we do intensive computation so we really need
blas. (I have a "no_blas" flag to compile the plugin on android/IOS).

That's all.

I think the best way is to add it to the ParaView Superbuild.

Now my question is how to handle releases and compilation errors??
Do I have to put the sources in a github?

Felipe

Le 15/09/2015 16:09, Utkarsh Ayachit a écrit :
> Felipe,
>
> There are a few ways to proceed, but before we go down that path, a
> few questions:
>
> 1. What license are you releasing your plugin under?
> 2. Does your plugin have external dependencies? If so what are those,
> how do we get them and what are their licenses?
>
> If the plugin has no external dependencies and can be released under a
> BSD licence, we can put that in ParaView source itself. If not, we can
> add it to ParaVIew Superbuild and upload separate binaries like we do
> for Vistrails/Acusolve Reader.
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Felipe Bordeu
> <felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr> wrote:
>>
> Hi everybody,
>
> In the last 5 years a developed a plugin for our format file (I work in
> a lab of a university). I'm responsible for compiling the plugin for all
> the os (linux/osx/win/cluster). Now I'm living my work and I would like
> to know if a can contribute the plugin to the comunity (
> http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Guidelines_for_Contributing_Plugins)
> so it can be compiled side by side with the official version.
>
> Thanks to all for all the help in the last 5 years.
>
> Felipe

http://markmail.org/search/?q=Paraview-developers

- --
Felipe Bordeu Weldt