[Paraview-developers] ParaView 5.0, Mesa 11.0.4, giving OGL version as 3.0

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Thu Nov 12 08:47:25 EST 2015

Alan.

I believe you are pointing to MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE environment
variable. you can set it to 3.2. 3.2 is what we need for OpenGL2 backend.

- aashish

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Ken Martin <ken.martin at kitware.com> wrote:

> Mesa supports OpenGL version 4.1 IIRC but I believe Mesa supports multiple
> drivers under the hood and it sounds like the currently selected driver for
> you is reporting OpenGL 3.0. I’m not sure if that means it really only
> supports 3.0 or is just reporting 3.0 for legacy reasons. Looking at
> http://mesamatrix.net/ it seems like all the listed drivers support
> OpenGL 3.2. I would say try the override and see if PV works with it.
>

> Thanks
>
> Ken
>

> Ken Martin PhD
>
> Chairman & CFO
>
> Kitware Inc.
>
> 28 Corporate Drive
>
> Clifton Park NY 12065
>
> ken.martin at kitware.com
>
> 919 869-8871 (w)
>

> This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
> legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
> addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
> not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
> action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
> received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
> destroy the original message.  Thank you.

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*