[Paraview-developers] using Immersive ParaView (zSpace) with pvospray (UNCLASSIFIED)

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri Nov 6 21:13:35 EST 2015

Hi Simon,

Only thing I want to add is that tracker (head) sets the EyeTransformMatrix
using this api:
https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/Rendering/Core/vtkCamera.cxx#L1788
which we added for tracking and some other related purposes and
SetModelTransformMatrix for wand navigation purposes. So if you are not
using these, you won't get head or wand tracking.

Best,
Aashish

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Joachim Pouderoux <
joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com> wrote:

> MMhh I just saw that you define your own and simplified camera model
> vtkOSPRayCamera.cxx. It seems that your code does not handle the
> EyeTransformMatrix property why is the one that is generated by the head
> tracking. vtkCamera (and default vtkOpenGLCamera) use it to compute the
> camera position (ie the projection matrix), which is not your case - so
> head tracking has just no effect...
> See:
> vtkOpenGLCamera.cxx:129
> vtkCamera.cxx:414
> vtkCaveSynchronizedRenderers.cxx:187
>

> *Joachim Pouderoux*
>
> *PhD, Technical Expert*
> *Kitware SAS <http://www.kitware.fr>*

> joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com>:
>
>> Hello Simon,
>>
>> As your vtkPVOSPRayView inherits from vtkPVRenderView it should works.
>> When you switch from the default RenderView to pvOSPray view, do you
>> reconfigure the Interaction section of the VR panel to associate the
>> pvOSPray view to the tracker?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Joachim
>>
>> *Joachim Pouderoux*
>>
>> *PhD, Technical Expert*
>> *Kitware SAS <http://www.kitware.fr>*

>> simon.m.su.civ at mail.mil>:
>>
>>> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The Immersive ParaView (on zSpace) with the default renderer view
>>> worked. However, when I switched the view to pvospray (
>>> https://github.com/TACC/pvOSPRay) renderview,  the head tracking
>>> stopped working.
>>>
>>> Does Immersive ParaView plugin only work with native ParaView renderer
>>> and not plugin renderer ?
>>> Are we missing something inside pvospray plugin to enable immersive
>>> ParaView capability for pvospray renderer and we need to include the
>>> support for Immersive ParaView in pvospray plugin code?
>>> Architecturally speaking, how does it work?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -simon
>>>

>>> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*