[Paraview-developers] 3d surface roughness measurement

Laura Masse dragon.prog at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:54:35 EDT 2015

Hi Kenneth,

I take again this threat, I'm sorry for the long delay.

The curvature filter seems is the thing I need, I would like to have a
numerical indicator of the surface roughness. Curvature filter gives me two
different indicator depending which were selected (Gaussian and Mean). In
both cases I got data range, but I don´t understand the meaning of these
ranges.

For example in the case of Mean_Curvatura I got [-199,711, 165.178]

Could be is the mean of the bend of all points ?

I'm so confuse, please anyone can help me ?

Otherwise, Is there a other way to have the roughness indicator ?

Advanced thanks !!!

-