[Paraview-developers] CMake Version

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Jan 26 10:30:22 EST 2015

I do see a bigger issue that Alan raises, which is a fair one. Wikis
have too much stale text! I keep wondering if we should drop the Wikis
entirely and go to documenting in code so it's easier to maintain. We
already have started documenting things like API changes, etc in the
Doxygen pages[1]. Maybe we should migrate everything there.

The one reason for Wikis is that its easier for external folks to
change. But if we move to github/gitlab workflow soon, people will be
able to edit files and create merge requests on the Web directly as
well. Hence those who are actually keep on editing the documentation
will indeed be able to.

What do folks think?

Utkarsh

[1] http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/index.html