[Paraview-developers] CMake Version

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Jan 9 10:53:00 EST 2015

> If there isn't a compelling reason I think we should remain
> conservative, and it sounds like there is not in this case (especially
> for a dependency that is pretty optional for many of our users).

Agreed. One factor in the minimum required decision is what the popular
Linux distros have readily on hand.

> You
> can generally always use the latest CMake if you choose, but making
> that the minimum makes it harder for others to compile and use our
> code (often using the packaged CMake).

Agreed again. The "faraway" submission in the dependencies track of the vtk
dashboard exists to verity that CMake master works for VTK. Unfortunately
it didn't submit today so someone needs to shove it.