[Paraview-developers] Dynamically generating GUI

Daniel Wilches Maradey dwilches at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:22:30 EST 2015

Hello again,

I'll post here what solution worked for me so other people can find it
(I modified a bit what you sent me in your last mail).
I've also updated the wiki with this info (why is there so many info
here in the mailing-list that has not reached the Wiki?).

In my XML I put this:

      <StringVectorProperty command="SetCellArrayStatus"
                            element_types="2 0"
                            information_property="CellArrayInfo"
                            label="Cell Arrays"
                            name="CellArrayStatus"
                            number_of_elements="0"
                            number_of_elements_per_command="2"
                            repeat_command="1">
        <ArrayListDomain name="array_list"
                         attribute_type="Scalars"
                         input_domain_name="inputs_array">
          <RequiredProperties>
            <Property name="Input"
                      function="Input" />
          </RequiredProperties>
        </ArrayListDomain>
      </StringVectorProperty>

And now I see all the checkboxes next to the name of the arrays, and I
can select one or several of them.

Anyway, I haven't been able yet to get the list of checked arrays from
inside Python, but I'm starting to think I will need for that to make
a subclass of vtkProgrammableFilter in C++ to store the array in some
of its fields, Am I right about this?

Thanks