[Paraview-developers] Dynamically generating GUI

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Jan 6 12:02:55 EST 2015

Hi Daniel,

It *may* be possible to do this with the ProgrammableFilter, but it's
not obvious to me how to do it. It would likely be easier to present a
combo box that lets you user pick one array on which to operate.

Alternatively, you could write a C++ plugin and follow what I've
sketched out in this archived message to present the interface you've
described:

http://the-unofficial-paraview-developers-forum.34153.x6.nabble.com/Servermanager-XML-Displaying-a-list-of-strings-along-with-selection-tp3134p3135.html

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Daniel Wilches Maradey
<dwilches at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm creating a ProgrammableFilter to process a source that has several
> arrays.
> I would like to create a GUI for it in which I present a checkbox for each
> data array, so I let the user decide upon which arrays the filter will be
> run.
> My problem is I'm not being able to find how to dynamically generate that
> GUI.
>
> Is there any way of accomplishing it ?
>
> Thanks.

Cory Quammen