[Paraview-developers] Which signal to use when trying to register a change of the background color of a view?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Jan 5 13:00:26 EST 2015

There's no Qt signal, but there are VTK events.

There are multiple ways:
+ Listen to vtkCommand::ModifiedEvent fired by the property itself.
+ Listen to vtkCommand::PropertyModifiedEvent fired by the view proxy. In
it's call data, the name of the modified property will be provided.
+ Listen to vtkCommand::PropertyModifiedEvent fired by
vtkSMSessionProxyManager. It's call data is an instance
of vtkSMProxyManager::ModifiedPropertyInformation which has reference to
the proxy that was modified and the name of the property that was modified.

Utkarsh