[Paraview-developers] pqObjectInspector

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Oct 22 06:28:32 EDT 2014

Dan, Utkarsh

Thanks for the links. (I didn’t want to use a property widget as I need the apply button feature in my own dock window etc).

I’m of the opinion that the greyed out buttons (for view/display/etc) should be invisible if the panel mode does not include them.
Attached is a patch to hide them. #001

I needed to subclass panel properties to override some methods so that I can intercept apply and other methods.
Attached is a patch which makes a couple of functions virtual and also adds a preapplied signal emitted before new properties are ‘applied’. #002,

The gear search thingy seems very broken - I’ll submit a patch if and when I find what’s wrong.

it’d be lovely if these patches could be applied to master.

(PS. any news of when I can do this via a github #PR and have it part of the accepted means of contributing?)

thanks very much, all seems to be working as before now, (subject to a few ongoing tweaks)

JB