[Paraview-developers] vtkSMTransferFunctionManager->GetColorTransferFunction

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:02:55 EDT 2014

Yes indeed, this is how i was doing it before.
I'm also using the pqColorToolbar to allow the user
to change the colored data, and i catched the change of color with
colorChanged signal.

But since it have disappeared, i just can't know when i need to
override.

The use of vtkSMTransferFunctionManager is very much clearer now and i
appreciate that, but i don't fully understand this design.

What if i have two completelly unrelated dataset with the same array
name in it, for example, from VTKDATA :
ex-blow_5_0_..vtu
ex-blow_5.vtm

Both contain array with same.
If i display the vtu in a view, and the vtm in another view.
If a select the same colored array ( let's say THICKNESS ) on both
representation, clicking on "rescale to data range" with one view active
will also rescale it on the other view, on another completelly unrelated
dataset.

Would'nt it better if a TransferFunction is associated to a arrayName
AND a representation ?

But i'm not a paraview developper, and my application is not profundly
impacted by this problem, i only find this design not flawless.

Mathieu