[Paraview-developers] IceT compositing in paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 30 13:57:09 EDT 2014

The actual blending operation in IceT is pix1 + pix2*(1-alpha1). Thus, I think your idea will work if you set all the alpha values to 0.

-Ken

From: <Biddiscombe>, "John A." <biddisco at cscs.ch<mailto:biddisco at cscs.ch>>
Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:04 PM
To: Kenneth Moreland <kmorel at sandia.gov<mailto:kmorel at sandia.gov>>
Cc: "paraview-developers at paraview.org<mailto:paraview-developers at paraview.org>" <paraview-developers at paraview.org<mailto:paraview-developers at paraview.org>>, Dykes Timothy <dykes at cscs.ch<mailto:dykes at cscs.ch>>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: [Paraview-developers] IceT compositing in paraview

new idea :
What about this : the blend operator is something like pix1*alpha + pix2*(1-alpha). if order was not important, would it be doable for us to premultiply each pixel by N(=numranks), set alpha for each pixel to 0.5 and then we’d get 1/N contributions all equally weighted and scaled by N to bring back the original image? I could reuse the zoltan partiioning stuff I worked on before to do an efficient redistribution and then use a standard blend mode and bypass the paraview data redistribution using our kdtree from zoltan. This ought tow work. I’ll give it a try. Mind you if the blend operation is different, then I may need a new plan...