[Paraview-developers] writing render tests

Waldin Nicholas nwaldin at student.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 31 11:04:23 EDT 2013

Hi,

I need to add some tests to paraview for my code. For this test I need to create and compare images. The problem is, I'm not quite sure how to add the images to the source directory.

I'll take paraview's SmartVolumeMapper test as an example.

In the test it renders a sphere and compares it to "TestSmartVolumeMapper.png". However, this image is only in the paraview binaries. In the source directory, I can find "TestSmartVolumeMapper.png.md5" (and it is listed in the "CMakeRuleHashes.txt" in "paraview-binaries/CMakeFiles").

My guess the md5 file somehow helps create the png, but how do I add my own png for testing?

Sincerely,
Nicholas