[Paraview-developers] PointSprite plugin

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Oct 21 13:12:43 EDT 2013

It'll be ready for a gerrit branch in a week or two I guess and should be stable enough for release to the general public just before Christmas - that's the internship deadline - so it's also our final aim point.

To answer the question about the 1D transfer function - I think most of this can go away. The colours can be done using scalarsToColours and the radius can be done with the new Gaussian piecewise function, the other stuff was put in by Stephane to interface between the various classes and the gui. It was a bit overengineered and should be simplified greatly. I understand the painter chain much better now and the twoscalars to colours stuff for opacity+rgb can also be moved into core. I will make an effort between now and Christmas to clean all this up and get in in.
I have another plugin for our neuron rendering which reuses much of the same set of classes for the per vertex opacity stuff, so it is something that's on my todo list anyway.

note to self : Might need to do some more work on the coloropacityeditor panel to handle the point sprite controls.

JB