[Paraview-developers] Enable 'Show Plane' in Python

kyr akyrieleis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 04:56:33 EST 2013

Hi Sebastien,

I have the following code

          Slice2 = simple.FindSource('Slice2')
          dataSet = simple.FindSource(dname)
          view = simple.GetActiveView()

          sliceWidget = pwsimple.CreateBindedWidget(Slice2.SliceType, view)
          sliceWidgetW = simple.servermanager._getPyProxy(sliceWidget)
          dataInfo = dataSet.GetDataInformation(0)
          #sliceWidgetW.PlaceWidget = dataInfo.GetBounds() # NOT WROKING !

I set the visibility of the data slice using

         sliceRep = simple.GetDisplayProperties(Slice2)
         sliceRep.Visibility = 1

Using

          sliceWidgetW.Visibility =  1
          sliceWidgetW.Enabled =  1

I can switch on and off the visibility of the arrow (which is shrunk to
basically a sphere). So I guess that in principle is how to enable the
visibility of the widget. But why do I not see the red frame around the
slice and the bounding box around the data set ? Is that because I have not
used the PlaceWidget command and the box to show is of zero size ?

Can I access the parameters that are supposed to be set by the command
'sliceWidgetW.PlaceWidget = dataInfo.GetBounds() ' in a different way (as
the command is not working (other thread)).

Many thanks

kyr.