[Paraview-developers] dynamic output port allocation?

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Thu Jun 13 12:57:32 EDT 2013

Hello,

Before I get too deep into trying to find a solution for a problem I am having in a custom filter, I would like to know if the following is possible:

Can I dynamically change the number of output ports (in PV 4.0) in a filter based on the information selected in a properties panel?

What I need to do is the following:

 1.  User selects space craft data to download from NASA's CDAweb
 2.  Multiple data sets can be selected, as sometimes all of the data you need is not in one dataset
 3.  This downloads multiple .cdf files from CDAweb
 4.  I need to be able to parse these files into separate tables, as name collisions are quite frequent
 5.  Thus one filter may need to produce an arbitrary number of vtkTables

If It is possible to dynamically allocate output ports, I will do it that way.  IF NOT, can anyone provide a suggestion?

Thanks,
Josh