[Paraview-developers] piston in 3.98

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Jan 17 11:00:09 EST 2013

The piston plugin appears to be working, and I'm able to select a dataset, "send to piston', and then "get from piston', however when I put a breakpoint in the piston mapper and check the rendering, it always stops in RenderOnCPU.

I'd like to see the RenderOnGPU working. I poked around to see if there's an option in PistonRepresentation, (or even a PistonView) which might be activated which would trigger the GPU rendering activity, but couldn't find a way to do it (without experimenting with code changes).

Is there a combination of actions which displays using the GPU buffer objects.

NB. PistonContour produces an output, slice and threshold produce empty results (so far).
NB. Test machine has very old cuda support, will experiment on newer one if GPU render is possible.

Thanks again

JB