[Paraview-developers] Missing vtkTemporalDataSet class in ParaView 3.98.0

Yuanxin Liu leo.liu at kitware.com
Thu Jan 10 16:35:10 EST 2013

Hi,
  We will not continue to support it.  In fact, the current development
branch does not have the class anymore.

  Yes, you can use vtkMultiTimeStepAlgorithm if you do not want to manually
loop over all the time steps to construct a composite data set.

  You should replace vtkTemporalDataSet by vtkMultiBlockDataSet.  Replacing
calls to vtkTemporalDataSet by calls to vtkMultiBlockDataSet should be
fairly straightforward. You can look at the old vtkTemporalDataSet.h to see
what to do.  For example,
-   data->GetTimeStep(timeStep)  can be replaced
by  data->GetChild(timestep);
-   data->GetMetaData(timestep) can be replaced by
 data->GetChildMetaData(timestep);

Leo