[Paraview-developers] Camera Parallel Projection enable by default

Pandu tech pandu4tech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 04:41:55 EDT 2012

Hi,

In my application, I would like to set 3D render view "Use Parallel
Projection" option to checked by default. I understood that
"CameraParallelProjection" is the property associated with this.

I tried to modify the settings.ini file created by pqSettings class. I
tried the following in myMainWindow.cxx file:

code:--
//creating a new settings file if not exists
  QString settingsRoot;
#if defined(Q_OS_WIN)
  settingsRoot = QString::fromLocal8Bit(getenv("APPDATA"));
#else
  settingsRoot = QString::fromLocal8Bit(getenv("HOME")) +
                 QDir::separator() + QString::fromLocal8Bit(".config");
#endif
  QString settingsPath = QString("%2%1%3");
  settingsPath = settingsPath.arg(QDir::separator());
  settingsPath = settingsPath.arg(settingsRoot);
  settingsPath = settingsPath.arg(QApplication::organizationName());

  QString filename = settingsPath.append("/"
+QApplication::applicationName() +
QApplication::applicationVersion()+".ini");

  QSettings *settings = 0;
  QFile file;
  if(!file.exists(filename))
  {
      settings = new QSettings(QSettings::IniFormat,QSettings::UserScope,
                                          QApplication::organizationName(),
                                          QApplication::applicationName() +
QApplication::applicationVersion(), this);

      settings->beginGroup("renderModule");
      settings->setValue("CameraParallelProjection", 1); // setting value
to 1
      settings->endGroup();
      settings->sync();
  }

Using this code, I am able to create .ini file with
CameraParallelProjection value set to 1. But for the first time, when I run
my application, UseParallelProjection is not checked.

Whenever I switch b/w views or restart the application once again, because
.ini file already present, then I can see UseParallelProjection option
checked.

How can I set UseParallelProjection option to be checked even in the first
time? Please let me know if there is any better approach regarding this.

Truly appreciate your help reg. this.

Thanks,
Pandu.