[Paraview-developers] BUG?: Where can I get "mpirun" other than the folder of a released ParaView?

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Feb 2 05:53:20 EST 2012

Here's is what I use

[cid:image002.png at 01CCE1A0.0ED57970]

But it is actually not working for me - the servers are started correctly, but the connection is never made in reverse connection mode, the trouble is that the client sits waiting, and only when you cancel the client connect and shut the client down the server produces N(=4 here) dialogs of the kind
[cid:image003.png at 01CCE1A0.0ED57970]
If you omit the -use-offscreen-rendering, the dialogs do not appear, but the server connection is not made and there's just a hang. The same code is working fine on linux machines. The problem of the annoying pop-up dialogs is a long term one (ie it has been doing that for months but I never bothered to fix it), the non-connection is new.
I might have somehow messed up my setup, so I'll play again, The exact same code is running 128 cores of server and connecting fine to the linux client on the viz cluster (I'm using it right now). I am unable to connect the linux servers to the windows client. Also multi-core mode fails to start. I don't have time to debug right now and the linux stuff is fine so I'm just posting this FYI for the list.
Note : the commandline above of C:\cmakebuild\pv-meshless\bin\debug\pvserver.exe is actually a completely standard paraview master build from git of last week (ok, just two local patches applied, but nothing that would affect this).
Can any other windows user test client server mode and see if it is working?
NB. Mingcheng Chen. General question of how do I do this should be posted to the user list, not the developers one.
JB