[Paraview-developers] Superbuild on Mac, how to set library path?

Philip A Cook cookpa at mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:28:20 EST 2012

Hi,

I compiled the superbuild on the Mac (Snow Leopard). I never would have been able to compile everything myself so thanks to the folks who put the superbuild together.

I had to install QT via Homebrew, since the latest version doesn't work on Snow Leopard. After that, I managed to build successfully, with one minor problem: I can only run Paraview from the directory containing the shared libs. I have to do

cd /Users/pcook/tmp/paraview_bin/lib

../ParaView-build/bin/paraview.app/Contents/MacOS/paraview

If I run from anywhere else, I get:

dyld: Library not loaded: libhdf5.1.8.7.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/pcook/tmp/paraview_bin/ParaView-build/bin/paraview.app/Contents/MacOS/paraview
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Adding /Users/pcook/tmp/paraview_bin/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH has no effect.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Phil