[Paraview-developers] Problem compiling ParaView 3.98 in parallel

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:53:17 EST 2012

Hi Alejandro,

In addition to Sebastien's comment. MPI variable names changed with a
past CMake release. The ones you referenced are deprecated. For example
MPI_LIBRARIES changed  to MPI_<lang>_LIBRARIES. Setting the deprecated
variables is no longer sufficient. On a system where CMake is unable to
automatically detect MPI on it's own I used:

   -DPARAVIEW_USE_MPI=ON \
   -DMPI_INCLUDE_PATH=$MPI_PATH/include \
   -DMPI_LIBRARY=$MPI_PATH/lib/libmpi.so \
   -DMPI_CXX_LIBRARIES=$MPI_PATH/lib/libmpi.so \
   -DMPI_C_LIBRARIES=$MPI_PATH/lib/libmpi.so \

But if you could let cmake detect MPI on it's own you should do so.

Hope this helps
Burlen