[Paraview-developers] Future releases against Qt version

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Jun 3 10:38:02 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:19 AM,  <owen.arnold at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there are any plans to update the version of Qt against
> which Paraview is built? I believe Qt 4.6 is currently being used with
> Paraview 3.10.1. Are there any plans to upgrade to Qt 4.7 in future
> releases?

Hi,

Qt 4.6 is the officially supported Qt version for the 3.10 release,
but I was testing and developing with Qt 4.7 for a large part of its
development cycle. I was also submitting nightly dashboards for
ParaView and VTK, so if you would like a more recent version of Qt for
some reason there should not be any issues in recompiling against Qt
4.7. Most testing effort focused on Qt 4.6 though, and that will
remain the officially supported version for ParaView 3.10.

Is there a particular feature you need from Qt 4.7 in ParaView? I
think 4.12 will be moved to Qt 4.7 (or perhaps 4.8 depending on
timing).

Marcus