[Paraview-developers] Calculation of Gradient for Unstructured Grid Data

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Aug 5 16:54:25 EDT 2011

At each point, this filter finds all cells neighboring that point.  For each cell, it computes the gradient (by calling vtkCell::Derivative) at the location of the point and then averages the results for all cells.  If you click on Faster Computation, then the filter will compute one gradient at the center of each cell, and then average those to each point (the equivalent of the cell to point filter).

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov