[Paraview-developers] Most complete windows testing

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Mar 22 18:00:17 EDT 2010

Actually. One thing.

I wanted a container that would hold a list of smartpointers, so that when destroyed, it would automatically clean itself up.

Does a vtk equivalent exist already? A container of SmartPointers to a templated object? I think not.

I find the lack of support for stl objects to be very limiting in general in vtk and is one reason I end up with local changes which I can't commit. Changing from a vector of SPs to an Idlist container, now means that after every use, I need to add more boiler plate code to delete a shed load of objects.

Will we ever see any progress towards stl or more template-ification? (I speak as one very disheartened that we won't see libraries like Eigen adopted, for a brief while, my hopes were raised) (And I see on the vtk-dev list that even something as simple as vtkNew fails!)

JB