[Paraview-developers] how does paraview serialize data?

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Thu Jun 17 18:19:00 EDT 2010

If you just want to send data objects and data arrays over the network, you
should take a look at the implementation of:

int vtkCommunicator::Send (vtkDataObject *data, int remoteHandle, int tag)
int vtkCommunicator::Send (vtkDataArray *data, int remoteHandle, int tag)

You can search the tests in VTK/Parallel/Testing/Cxx for examples.

If you need to serialize a full vtk pipeline, and recreate the filters and
pipeline connections on the other side of the network connection, that would
be a lot more work.

Pat