[Paraview-developers] Moving to hdf5-1.8.x

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 15 12:59:19 EDT 2010

Biddiscombe, John A. wrote:
> I also wanted to setup an 'official' git clone of the hdfgroup svn repo. They said good idea, but someone has to actually do it.

I think having an official svn clone would help.  Then we can maintain a
branch for our needs and keep merging from upstream with real history.
I've had a lot of experience setting up tracking repositories; I can help.
On what mailing list have you been discussing this with them?

> When hdf5 1.8.1 goes out (we missed 1.8.0) we should simply update the git repo.

It looks like hdf5 1.8.5 has the CMake build system.  What changes do we
need beyond that in hdf5 itself (for our submodule)?

-Brad