[Paraview-developers] Removal of ParaView binaries for 3.0-3.4

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Feb 9 15:26:08 EST 2010

Hi folks,

We are planning on removing the Linux and Mac binaries for ParaView 3.0 to
3.4 from our web site. These binaries are all compiled with MPEG4 support.
The MPEG-LA requires that we keep track of all ParaView downloads and report
to them. This is a tedious task. Given that we switched to using MJPEG and
Ogg/Theora, I would like to cancel our agreement with MPEG-LA. Unless anyone
has a strong objection, we will remove the binaries from the ParaView web
site when we release 3.8. ParaView 3.6 and 3.8 will remain. Please let me
know if this is an issue.

-berk