[Paraview-developers] [Paraview] ParaView 3.8 Branch Comming Soon

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Feb 5 15:09:18 EST 2010

Ken,

There's nothing special that you need to do to when creating a new
test. Just create it and you would normally and add it to the
Applications/ParaView/Testing/XML/CMakeLists.txt (or under Python).
There are a couple of new Cmake functions add_client_tests,
add_client_server_tests, add_client_render_server_tests that manage
the grouping of tests automatically based on the value of
TEST_GROUP_SIZE variable (defined in
Applications/ParaView/Testing/CMakeLists.txt).

If a test is changing global settings such as background color, lut,
application settings, view settings etc., then you don't want such a
test to get grouped with other tests. In that case, set a variable of
the form ${TEST_NAME}_BREAK to TRUE. If the aforementioned
cmake-functions detect such a variable, that test is played by itself.

You may look at  pqCommandLineOptionsBehavior::resetApplication (in
Qt/ApplicationComponents) to see what is reset before playing another
test in the sequence.

Utkarsh