[Paraview-developers] ParaView and rendering composite datasets

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Aug 31 16:57:05 EDT 2010

Folks,

Since the introduction of composite datasets into ParaView, there was
one oddity when it came to rendering: we appended all the blocks into
a single polydata and then rendered it. It had several advantages -
esp. since it kept the rendering code simple esp when dealing with
delivery and M-to-N data movement when render server was involved and
with surface selection. However, it was a major bottleneck as well
when dealing with really large number of blocks. The appending of data
was slow which resulted in delays.

I've just pushed a change that resolves this issue
(http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=11133). We no longer append
blocks together before rendering. Most of the issues like
data-delivery, selection etc. have been addressed. But if you notice
any other quirks, please feel free to raise them so that we can
address them as soon as possible.