[Paraview-developers] usability changes I feel strongly about

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:01:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:14 PM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> I added some comments to the improved UI discussion page.
>
> http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/index.php/ParaView_Usability_Improvements#Filters
>
> David E DeMarle

Here are some things you may want to add:

A concrete example of this "type conversion notification" are (almost
always UnstructuredGrid vs PolyData for me) is

- create a sphere source
- run Delaunay3D
- The 'Triangulate' filter is not greyed out.

(I know it is because Delaunay3D produces a vtkUnstructuredGrid and
vtkTriangleFilter is expecting a vtkPolyData, but I think this is a
good example of something that many Paraview users would not know).

Also, this type conversion problem happens with the writers, too. Say
I do the above Sphere to Delaunay3D pipeline. Then I want to save it
as a vtp file. That is not an option, only vtu. A user may not know
the difference between these.

Thanks,

David