[Paraview-developers] [git] trying to push a submodule change fails

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Mon Apr 26 16:21:24 EDT 2010

Hello,

I tried to have ParaView in sync with VTK. Usually it works following
the submodules instructions here:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Git#Commits_inside_VTK

But right now, this is what I have when I try to push it:

$ cd ParaView/VTK
$ git status
# On branch master
nothing to commit (working directory clean)

$ cd ..
$ git add VTK
$ git commit VTK
$ git status
# On branch master
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.
#
nothing to commit (working directory clean)
$ git push

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive