[Paraview-developers] CVS->Git Transition Plan

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Apr 21 18:38:11 EDT 2010

Brad, Pat

Thank you both for the links and instructions. After some reading and experimenting, I think I have the correct paraview checkout with submodules,
I created a patch - but when I apply it, I get this (below).

Any idea why patching the files would fail. I assumed that all the other files were ok (a few hundred at most which don't get mentioned in the output below - no idea where they ended up), but when I do git diff, it tells me my repo is clean, so it did nothing, not even those with good patches.

Sorry for being useless. Any clues appreciated.

JB

git apply /users/biddisco/pv-meshless.patch
/users/biddisco/pv-meshless.patch:54: trailing whitespace.
  <Proxy group="sources" name="EarthSource" />
/users/biddisco/pv-meshless.patch:149: trailing whitespace.
SET (CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/bin CACHE PATH
/users/biddisco/pv-meshless.patch:151: trailing whitespace.
SET (CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/bin CACHE PATH
/users/biddisco/pv-meshless.patch:157: trailing whitespace.

/users/biddisco/pv-meshless.patch:158: trailing whitespace.
# The old ones that need to be updated
error: ParaView/CMakeLists.txt: No such file or directory
error: ParaView/ParaViewFilters.xml: No such file or directory
error: ParaView/ParaViewSources.xml: No such file or directory
error: patch failed: Plugins/H5PartReader/vtkH5PartReader.cxx:1
error: Plugins/H5PartReader/vtkH5PartReader.cxx: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: Servers/Filters/vtkCleanUnstructuredGrid.cxx:25
error: Servers/Filters/vtkCleanUnstructuredGrid.cxx: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMArrayListDomain.cxx:33
error: Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMArrayListDomain.cxx: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMStringVectorProperty.cxx:23
error: Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMStringVectorProperty.cxx: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: VTK/Common/vtkLookupTable.cxx:21
error: VTK/Common/vtkLookupTable.cxx: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: VTK/Hybrid/vtkTemporalShiftScale.cxx:14
error: VTK/Hybrid/vtkTemporalShiftScale.cxx: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: VTK/Hybrid/vtkTemporalSnapToTimeStep.cxx:14
error: VTK/Hybrid/vtkTemporalSnapToTimeStep.cxx: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: VTK/Parallel/vtkCachingInterpolatedVelocityField.cxx:24
error: VTK/Parallel/vtkCachingInterpolatedVelocityField.cxx: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: VTK/VolumeRendering/vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D.cxx:26
error: VTK/VolumeRendering/vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D.cxx: patch does not apply