[Paraview-developers] ParaView & Mangled Mesa (also Ice-T)

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:46:51 EDT 2005

I can think of 2 use cases:

1. ParaView has to be compiled twice, one for client (hardware
OpenGL), one for server (Mesa). From a ParaView user:
 " In the meantime, I have to build two versions of ParaView for each
of our platforms, one with OSMesa for offscreen rendering and one
without Mesa for onscreen rendering.  A fix for mangled mesa would
greatly simplify this process."

2. It is not possible to run paraview (mpirun -np N paraview) and have
offscreen on all nodes but first.

Neither of these use cases are important to me as a user. I have
something like 5 versions of paraview built anyway :-) As for use case
2, one can simply run client/server.

-Berk