[Paraview-developers] ParaView & Mangled Mesa (also Ice-T)

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Oct 5 14:37:33 EDT 2005

I was tracking down bug #1784. After fixing a problem with the command line
arguments, I still couldn't get it to work. Digging into the code further, I
found that the problem is the fact that paraview creates a vtkIceTRenderer on
the server. vtkIceTRenderer is a sub-class of vtkOpenGLRenderer and does not
support mangled mesa. The only way I can think of fixing this problem is to
create a vtkMesaIceTRenderer (a al vtkMesaRenderer) and delegate the
instantiation of IceT renderer to a factory. Any comments? Volunteers?

-Berk