[Paraview-developers] Crash in vtkTkRenderWidget on exiting (in my modified version of ParaView)

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon May 9 18:30:06 EDT 2005

Not necessarily sure that the line 747 crash is for the same reason,
however, if the RenderModuleProxy if not getting destroyed when
vtkPVApplication.cxx (line 1409) releases the proxy (with a
SetRenderModuleProxy(0) call), it usually leads to errors while exiting.

Ensure that everyone maintaining a reference to the RenderModuleProxy
let's go of the proxy before vtkPVApplication::RemoveWindow gets called.

vtkPVWindow has a PrepareForDelete method where one can enforce the
releasing of the render module proxy.

Hopefully, this will help.

Utkarsh.