[Paraview-developers] VTK_DATA_ROOT on ParaView test builds.

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed Jan 12 10:21:22 EST 2005

> How do you test for a valid X display connection with CMake?  Can you
> point to an example test that is not run without a valid X display?

v60n177.-pbm.-ihost.-com on the VTK dashboard (go to yesterday if it isn't
there yet today)  is a machine where we do not have an X display. The tests
do not really check for this, currently we set it as a CMake option. The
dashboard must be set to know that there will not be a display using
VTK_USE_DISPLAY.  Now our support for no X display is pretty bad. If you do
any wrapping it will all fall apart. I'd like to clean it up but it isn't
very high on anyone's priority list.

Take a look at VTK/Graphics.Testing/CXX/CMakeLists.txt for an example.

Ken