[Paraview-developers] shannara dashboard

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Apr 7 10:45:08 EDT 2005

Berk Geveci wrote:
> Can someone please take a took at shannara on the dashboard? There
> seems to be some problem with spcth code. Also does anybody know what
> is happening with straylight? Some tests started failing on both trunk
> and 2.0 release two days ago but I can't see how the changes made to
> release could have caused it. Were the opengl drivers updated
> recently?

Yes I did update the driver on this machine.
Here is the history:
Ken Moreland LoadOpenGLExtension showed an intersting behavior with the
nvidia/debian package. This package was installing the libGL.so from
nvidia this way:

ls libGL.*
/usr/lib/libGL.so -> libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.2
/usr/lib/libGL.a  (This is the static Mesa libGL)

Therefore when cmake was inspecting the system, it would try to load
libGL.so would fail since the symlink was broken. But would succeed in
finding the Mesa lib. And the build+test would be fine tince using the
Mesa lib. BUT LoadOpenGLExtension becomes tricky because it tryes to
load the libGL.so (nvidia one) and ask if it support gl extension. This
would succeed and then the test would continue and try to run a gl
extension which would lead to a seg fault since VTK was build using the
static Mesa lib (which does not support extension).

This is a known debian 'problem':

This bug tracker report that if developping you have to install a
nvidia/debian/development package that will fix the broken symlink...but
then VTK test will fail using the nvidia driver.

Anyway, I put a symlink to the libGL.a in an exotic path and tell
ctest/cmake to use this lib. Therefore there shouldn't be no problem.

Sorry for the troubles,
Mathieu