[Paraview-developers] Tracing...

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Fri Apr 1 13:27:06 EST 2005

Hi,

Another update on some of the changes I committed today.

Again, still working on cleaning up KWWidget, I moved the ParaView tracing
code that used to be spread (and sometimes duplicated) in vtkKWWidget,
vtkKWObject, vtkKWApplication, down to a single location, the
vtkPVTraceHelper class in PV's Client/ subdir.

I saw some "interesting" stuff on my journey, closer to black magic than
computer science :) I hope I kept most (if not all) of the functionalities
intact though. If if you notice any problem with the tracing code, please
let me know and I'll try to fix my mistakes ASAP.

As I said, vtkPVTraceHelper is now the single location for the tracing code
(as well as some static methods). Ivars found in vtkKWObject, vtkKWObject
and some other classes have been moved to that class. vtkPVTracedWidget
(subclass of vtkKWWidget) holds an instance of the vtkPVTraceHelper class
that is lazy-created on the fly when tracing is needed. If your class can
not be inherited from vtkPVTracedWidget, just add a single vtkPVTraceHelper
instance to your code (practically, this happened only 4 times, in
vtkPVCornerAnnotation, vtkPVTextProperty, vtkPVTimeLine, and vtkPVWindow).

Thank you

--
Sebastien Barre