[Paraview-developers] Picking Again

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 5 08:07:23 EDT 2004

Hello,

Picking is getting more and more broken in the CVS version of ParaView.
  Now creating a pick filter immediately aborts the program because the
client-server interpreter cannot find a "SetInput" method.  Last week
the pick filter worked but using 'p' did not.  Two weeks ago it all
worked.  I think we need to not only fix this but add a test that
catches all these cases.

Also, the output of the pick filter is an unstructured grid that enables
the "volume render" display option.  Selecting this option immediately
crashes the program because the volume rendering code uses GetScalars()
and does not check for a NULL return.  Even if I artificially add
scalars to the pick output with an elevation filter, the volume
rendering option produces no image because it works only on tetrahedra.
  Why is the volume render option even available then?

-Brad